The Employment Team provide guidance and supports to clients (maybe you) who are looking to enter employment.
Supports provided include help with CV’s, cover letters, job applications, interview skills and mock interviews.
Free training is also provided in short term, sector specific courses such as Safe Pass, Manual Handling, Barista, HACCP and Cleanpass.
The Partnership’s Employment Team offers a variety of services to low income workers and unemployed people living within parts of Dublin 4, 6, 8 and 12 areas.
Through their work, they aim to improve the opportunities for people to bring about positive change, build confidence and equip individuals to become better prepared to enter the Labour Market or upskill and change career.
The supports include one to one and group support, training and workshops, advice, information, mentoring, industry led training and employer engagement.
Explore our services below
Please explore the programmes and services below to see how we can assist you with your career preparation.
One to One Supports
We work in a focused and targeted way with adults and young unemployed people to develop their career opportunities, employability skills, upskilling through training offered and employer engagement, allowing individuals to make occupational choices about their own career path. Our one to one services include:
- Development of a Career
- Action Plan
- Career Guidance
- CV Supports
- Cover Letter preparation
- Interview Preparation
- Mock Interviews (one to one and online)
- Online Job Searching Techniques
- Job Applications
- Goal Setting and Motivation
In-house and online specialised training in industry and QQI certified courses driven by industry requirements are available as part of our careers service. Our courses include:
- Manual Handling
- Power Pallet Truck
- Training/Forklift and
- Forklift Renewal
- A range of Construction led online training courses
- CleanPass, QQI Certified
- HACCP, QQI Certified
- Care Skills, QQI Certified
Online Training courses in;
- Career Development
- C.V. Writing
- Interview Skills
- Job Searching Techniques
- Motivation and Goal Setting
- Progression Routes
- Employability Skills
- Academic Skills Development
The Employment Team engage with employers to develop their capacity to widen their engagement with low-income workers and the unemployed. The team bridge the gap between the unemployed person and current vacancies by supporting employers and ensuring that potential recruits are trained appropriately. Employers are encouraged and supported to employ local unemployed people and are informed of the incentives and benefits in doing so. The team also raise awareness and share information outlining the potential incentives of employing a person currently on the live register, for example: Jobs Plus / Youth Employment Support Scheme, Wage Subsidy Scheme / Employee Retention Grant Scheme.
What is the Employer Engagement Programme?
The DSCP Employer Engagement Programme aims to:
- Link in with local employers to raise awareness around our clients who are job seeking.
- Provide information on grants and other schemes.
- Bring together local businesses and jobseekers, through a job referral process.
- Inform employers of the benefits of Corporate Social Responsibility within the community.
What we can offer the Employer:
- Potential links to people within the locality, who are looking for work experience and employment.
- DSCP staff available to signpost to possible grants and subsidies that may be available to the company.
- Individuals certified to industry standard in certain areas – Manual Handling, HACCP, Safe Pass and other uncertified course.
- Access to a network of local jobseekers, attending a voluntary support service.
- Being part of inclusive employment programme within the area.
- Clients that are job ready.
What we would like from Employers:
- Work placements / Job shadowing: Providing work experience is hugely beneficial as it increases confidence, adds new experience to a CV and provides a recent employer reference.
- Workshops / Guest Speakers: Businesses can provide workshops on their sector e.g. customer service skills or retail. Alternatively, businesses can attend a workshop ran by DSCP as a guest speaker.
Contact us about the various Employment Services and Employment Supports we can offer you either as a employee or employer
you can contact a member of our team on 01-4732196 or email a team member (see emails addresses of our team members below).
Our office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Do You Need Support? We Are Here To Help.
Drop Us A Line And Keep In Touch