Dublin South City Partnership is committed to enabling diversity and recognises that difference in a organisation is a strength.
It is the policy of Dublin South City Partnership to recognise people as a key resource required for successful attainment of the organisation’s goals. In support of this, it is important to remember that differences between people, whether devised from their different backgrounds and personalities, cultures and/or their different abilities, can be a source of strength to Dublin South City Partnership.
Dublin South City Partnership is also committed to providing reasonable accommodation for a person with a disability, whether they are an applicant for employment or an employee requiring special facilities. Reasonable accommodation will be provided subject to such measures not imposing a disproportionate burden on the organisation.
In order to ensure that difference is respected in Dublin South City Partnership a number of procedures are in place. These are listed below:
- Equal Opportunities –In place to encourage a work environment free from discrimination.
- Dignity at Work – In place in relation to dignity at work include Dublin South City Partnership’s anti-harassment and sexual harassment policy and the anti-bullying policy. These policies have been established to help Dublin South City Partnership provide a safe place of work free from harassment, sexual harassment or bullying, irrespective of an employee’s gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, disability, or membership of the Traveller community.
- Training and Development – This policy seeks to ensure that there is no discrimination in the selection process for training and development activities.
- Grievance Procedure – This procedure is in place to ensure that should any employee feel that they have been treated unfairly, they can bring this to the attention of management in order to have the issue examined and resolved if possible.
- Recruitment and Selection – Dublin South City Partnership is commitment to hiring the most qualified candidate for positions as they arise, and not to discriminate in the recruitment and selection process.
Note: This policy applies throughout Dublin South City Partnership.