A core element of the Dublin South City Partnership work is combating education disadvantage and promoting lifelong learning. We aim to assist young people who require extra support to become involved in and progress through education and lifelong learning opportunities.
The Step Up Programme developed by Dublin South City Partnership in 2017 is the umbrella programme for the majority of our supports for 16 – 24 year olds. The Programme has two main strands:
In School Supports
Each year we work with the Delivering Equality of Opportunity in Schools (DEIS) schools in our area to develop programmes and interventions that target early school leaving and promote progression onto further education or training. Programmes have included:
• Study Skills Seminars for Exam Level Students
• Lifecoaching Course for LCA students
• Empowering Learning Workshops
• One to one health and well-being programmes for targeted secondary school students
• Information seminars for 6th year students
Out Of School Supports
The Step Up Programme out of School programme targets those who are not engaged with mainstream education or training. The aim is to support these young people with their future career planning. Supports include:
• One to one education and career advice
• CV Supports
• Supports to access DSCP targeted education and employment courses
• Summer Employment Initiative for new secondary school graduates
• Tricks of the Trade – Apprenticeship Maths Programme
For both In-School and Out of School, we work with local schools and youth projects, providing various workshops such as
• Driver Theory
• Independent Living Skills
We also provide one to one supports, helping young people find the information they need to make clear decisions for their future. This might be include local SICAP employment services, advocacy, information on alternative education options, and practical help with applications and grants.
Do you need support?
Referrals can be made to our programmes by individuals themselves, parents, schools, youth services, and any other relevant community organisations.
Just contact us on:
01- 473 2196 or 086 143 8710
Our office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
3-4 St. Agnes Road, Crumlin Village, Dublin 12
Do You Need Support? We Are Here To Help.
Drop Us A Line And Keep In Touch